Not long after posting about the Stone of Destiny in Islay, I stumbled across a similar statement of belief on the Secret Scotland Blog. The entire entry is worth reading, and at the end is the reference to the Stone. I sent a message to Secret Scotland, asking about the story, and received this response from Mike: “My grandmother, long since passed away, told me the story. She was a MacDonald of Clanranald, a family connected to the Lordship of the Isles.” As I said “Tha i inntinneach, nach eil?”
- After too long away I will be blogging again, and returning to Scotland
- Scotland: Beyond the Castles and Distilleries
- Tha seo inntinneach, nach eil? [This is interesting, isn't it?]
- An Lia Fàil [The Stone of Destiny] A bheil e ann an Ìle? [Is it in Islay?]
- Car hire, picked up at GLA, manual transmission !!!