I tend to prefer peaty whisky, but do also tremendously enjoy lowland whisky as well; go figure, eh? Of those readily available to me where I live, here are my preferred drams, and their region:
- Islay: Ardbeg 10, Laphroaig 10
- Island: Talisker 10 (from Eilean Sgitheaneach, aka Skye)
- Highland: Ardmore 10
- Lowland: Auchentoshan Classic/Select
- Speyside: Speyburn 10, or Speyside 12
- Campbeltown: only Springbank is available and it did not strike my fancy. I would like to try Longrow, which is a peated Springbank.